Standing liberty half dollar .999 silver

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Willysilver, Apr 28, 2024.

1. Willysilver

Willysilver HEADS UP Supporter

Hope everybody's weekend going good so far. I did a little research I can't find a date on these. They do have an RM punched where the date is supposed to be on one of the coins the other one I can't see. But I think they're silver. It says 999 silver on the reverse. I believe there the silver rounds. But the ones I seen online they say 1 oz of silver. These ones say 999 I don't know let me know what you guys know thank you

Attached Files:

alurid and SensibleSal66 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Attached Files:

Willysilver likes this.
  4. Willysilver

Standing walking sitting I don't know it's a liberty.

5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

She's walking proudly despite all our faults.... .... peace2.gif

6. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

It is a .999% silver round, and not a circulated coin. The melt cost of silver right now (4-29-24) for an American Eagle, which is close at 31.1g, is $27.38, but most won't pay you top asking price, so I wouldn't expect to get that much. Take it to your local coin store or jeweler and see what they say.

Cheech9712 and expat like this.
  7. J-Man

J-Man Junior Member

I'll be a cynic.

It was made to look like a US bullion coin, but it's not

It says .999 fine. 1 troy oz would be 31 grams. It's under weight at 30 grams

.999 fine refers to what? The silver plating over the base metal?

Willysilver likes this.
  8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

That's certainly possible, but I think it's more likely that the scale is off by a fraction of a gram. It only reads to the nearest gram, so it's not really useful for checking coin weights.

If I had the round, I'd consider nicking the edge to make sure it's not just silver-plated. There are a lot of those floating around. (And they never seem to go away, no matter how many times you flush...)

Willysilver likes this.
  9. Willysilver

What great feedback hope everyone's having a great Monday thank you all for your input I really appreciate it so I think I paid a hundred bucks well $92 no big deal I got two of them I get back 50 it was worth a shot

10. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

50 bucks for an oz of silver? You just wasn’t thinking that day. Be more careful

Willysilver likes this.
  11. Willysilver

2 coins but yes u are correct. I was looking at the damage coins. I didn't know if there was a market for those types of coins or whatever they're called. Bullion.

Cheech9712 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted