I found a silver round I put away long ago

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by TheNickelGuy, Apr 28, 2024.

1. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

I have been going through all kinds of collections as I plan to consign stuff for a local auction.
    Fishing tackle, matchbox cars, pressed steel trucks, and baseball stuff. Yes, I have a couple Mickey Mantles. It's all gonna go!

Back in the 80's and early 90's, my wife was a big fan of Bo Jackson and so was I.
    I found about 125 completely different baseball cards and many duplicates in a box decorated for just Bo Jackson alone.
    When I opened it last night, tucked in along the side was this Two Sport .999 Troy oz round.
    It does sell for more than spot but I am just glad to have another round to stack.

bo.jpg

This is the second time I found silver while rooting through the long forgotten baseball cards. Last time I dug around I found a 1992 D US Mint Commemorative Olympic Baseball Dollar stored with a Nolan Ryan card. The Nolan Ryan card appeared to be the model used for the pitchers pose on the commemorative. I am sure that's why I stuck them together.

1991Fleer.jpg

Fun finds. I actually forget when I got the Bo round. Probably at a card show and silver was dirt cheap back them. I think less than $5.00 spot. LOL!
    I'd think nothing of paying five bucks for a piece of cardboard back then and did many times over. Why?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rte

rte Well-Known Member

It's all an investment, some better than others.
    I have a friend looks like getting divorced.
    I'm holding on to some of his graded cardboard till things settle down.
    Some of his collection already got misplaced :wideyed: or dissolved :p
    He figures what sits on the backseat of my truck is $35k...I told him not to me.
    $5k a box Doubtful, but hey I've heard people spend good money on cardboard.
    IMG_20240421_175530700.jpg

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

To him it's practically priceless, evidenced by the fact that you're holding it for him....good friend indeed, but I'd put it someplace more safer.

5. rte

rte Well-Known Member

I've already moved them inside, bagged them up and in the junk room.
    I was debating on sending him this picture the next morning and saying man your bad luck is spreading.:p Not my truck :wideyed: just to see if he was paying attention :D
    I have an extra cab dodge in white.
    IMG_20240331_163952426_HDR~2.jpg

green18 likes this.
  6. Dan Galbato

Dan Galbato Well-Known Member

Now that his wife knows where and with who he hid his junk, I can hear it now! “Open up! The place is surrounded!” Lol

green18 likes this.
  7. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Well, not really all; I have several things acquired merely to make someone else richer, and because I just wanted it. To be able to acquire something just for the sake of possessing it & to put it up in a box somewhere to be found at a later date is a joy many of us have shared, some more than others. :smuggrin::jawdrop::cool:;)

8. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with wants disguised as investments.

PlanoSteve likes this.
  9. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

You got to give the Mickey’s to your favorite for gods sake and give the Bo’s back to the wife. Sorry. I enjoy both players alot

10. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Not funny at all

Draft saved Draft deleted