Coin Pages with Brass Eyelets?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by scarborough, Apr 30, 2024.

1. scarborough

scarborough Well-Known Member

1. Can anyone suggest where I can purchase coin pages that have brass eyelets? I’m looking for standard 20 pocket plastic pages, suitable for a three-ring binder, but with brass eyelets.

2. Many years ago I purchased a few, but unfortunately I don’t recall from where. Over time the plastic is starting to go, but the rings have kept their shape so the pages are easy to turn. I’ve purchased ones with aluminum eyelets, but found that they deform.

3. So I'd like to refresh a binder with coin pages, ideally ones that have brass eyelets or some thicker metal that won't deform over time.

4. In my quest I’ve called Lighthouse (great service, but not carried) and tried Wizard (two emails and a voice mail but no response) without luck.

If anyone can point me to a supplier, I’d appreciate it.

Many thanks

D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. charley

charley Well-Known Member

I would make them. Hole Punch and Eyelet pliers and brass eyelets are very cheap. You wouldn't even need hole punch, just the eyelets and pliers, maybe $20 or so and that would be a gazillion brass eyelets. Craft stores have them, hardware stores, etc.

4. scarborough

scarborough Well-Known Member

Great idea - thank you!

5. charley

You are very welcome.

In the 60s, it was done all the time as a fashion statement thing, including earrings. I am serious.
    Students would add eyelets to Jeans, jackets, shirts, etc. and drape themselves with you name it, bead chains, ropes, names of self or whomever was in the news, and quite a few would copy the layout/design of more expensive blue jeans or even footwear.

Truth in editing: changed "is" to 'it".

That is it. So...live with it. It happens to old people.

6. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Oh my Charley.... Why would you even want to remember such a hideous fashion era that I may or may not have been a part of?

-jeffB and charley like this.
  7. charley

I know, but man, during that time it was a hell of a lot of fun!

One of the guys that enjoyed nature's puffing material a bit too enthusiastically, went overboard with the creative side, involving a self-applied scrotum eyelet application.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

By your answer you obviously did take part in this. I’m older and I’ve never heard of this. But I will admit to embroidering my jeans. :)

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  9. charley

I assure you, you are not older than me.

As to never hearing about it, where you grew up it was known as beautifying cattle and goat stock ears.
    So.....

Collecting Nut likes this.
  10. Collecting Nut

Never said I was older than. I was referring to Randy as I know I’m older than he is, not by much though. As for you I know your older than me but it’s not that many years. Lol

charley likes this.
  11. charley

Calm down, Gramps.....

Collecting Nut likes this.
  12. Collecting Nut

It comes with old age.

charley likes this.
  13. Joshua Lemons

Joshua Lemons Well-Known Member Supporter

I one bought some coins from an Italian seller and the flips were sealed with little brass eyelets on the corners. Very neat looking. I had to do away with them as the flips were the soft PVC kind.

Draft saved Draft deleted