1816 to 1856 large cents

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Willysilver, Apr 29, 2024.

1. Willysilver

Willysilver HEADS UP Supporter

What am I missing on these since they're selling for 200 bucks I don't know what I'm missing I think it's too much. Screenshot_20240429_222109_Chrome.jpg

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. The Half Dime

The Half Dime Arrows!

I don't think you're missing anything. These are all problem coins that someone wants way too much for. The best ones are the 1818 (rim damage) and the 1840 (slight corrosion), but this is a lot that, in my opinion, is somewhat overpriced. Do you happen to know where they're selling it?

4. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

"Cull Coins". Sorry Willy.... 1532319-3e00c060fee1126062890dadf5456f8e.jpg

5. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

That's about $15 a coin, probably in the ballpark for low grade/damaged large cents. If I was going to spend $200 on large cents I would much rather get a couple nicer ones.

johnmilton and dwhiz like this.
  6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I was at a show last weekend. A dealer was selling coins like these for $5 each.

7. Coins4Eli

Coins4Eli Collector of Early American Copper

Most are culls. One of my dealers sets aside the large cent culls for me at $1.50 each. The price per coin in this lot is 10 times more. I would pass.

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You’re not missing a thing @Willysilver aa they are all culls or damaged Large Cents. The seller is so far out of their price range he’s playing in a different ballpark than the rest of the team.

9. Gallienus

Gallienus coinsandhistory.com

All junk. If you want a low end lg cents buy just one. Like I did for an 1854. It cost me 50 cents from a coin shop. That was a while ago tho.

Draft saved Draft deleted