New U.S. Mint customer Survey (2024)

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by LakeEffect, May 10, 2024.

1. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

Got another U.S Mint customer survey in my e-mail. Sorry to report, I voted thumbs-down on Aretha Franklin, Dolly Parton, Batman, Wonder-Woman, and most of the others.

I mean, I kinda like all those folks (real or imaginary), but not enough to spend $200 on a silver coin with their image on it. o_O

At the end, they asked me if I would care to expound on why I wouldn't be interested in a Batman coin. I thought, "Is that really a question that needs to be asked?" but I was polite and left it blank. :)

I did say I would probably buy another silver proof set because I'm an idiot and such.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Don't beat yourself up! There are many people who will make purchases regardless of what the Mint offers. Then, there are those of us who would never buy another Mint offering, even if hell freezes over. :D

Remember, no matter how much we share & commiserate about our collections/accumulations, they are still very personal to each of us, & we do not have to justify our actions...:jawdrop:;)

ldhair, Dima and nerosmyfavorite68 like this.
  4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The mint quit asking my opinion. Probably because I gave up on them and quit buying.

PlanoSteve likes this.
  5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

I hate surveys unless they're giving away cash or prizes. biggrin.gif

6. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

I like the survey's. It's like they're making half an attempt to listen to the collecting community. Where they fail extremely short is the price they put on their offerings. I stretched my budget for most of the offerings that I usually purchase every year. I really took a gasp when the bronze medals went through the roof. It's getting really ridiculous and I can't believe that I am the only one who complains about he pricing on those customer surveys. I can't be. Please tell me I'm not, lol.

LakeEffect likes this.
  7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Sinff CD e I stopped buying from the mint a few years ago I haven’t gotten e survey or a catalog from them. It’s very nice and I like that.

8. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

You're not. I make a lot of noise about it too....

LakeEffect likes this.
  9. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

Although I make light of it, I agree it's nice they at least ask our opinion. I also agree on the pricing issue. I used to enjoy the occasional modern commem but they've priced me out. Somebody is buying them but it's rarely me any more.

Draft saved Draft deleted