Loose Coins or Rolls?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by physics-fan3.14, May 9, 2024.

?

Loose coins or Rolls?

1. Loose Coins

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Rolls

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I just bought a $10 face roll of 90% quarters. It's a nice, tight roll.

But I'm dying to crack it open and see what's inside.

So my question is - do you prefer stacking rolls, or do you prefer a tub of loose coins?

capthank and alurid like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mr. Numismatist

Mr. Numismatist Strawberry Token Enthusiast

I like to store mine in the square plastic coin tubes. I can look at them whenever I want and they don't take up much more space then the coins themselves.

4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I open rolls of silver to check for early dates. With UNC rolls, I have to check for gems. Everything goes back in rolls for easy storage.

5. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I have many pounds of silver. All stay in plastic tubes. I been swapping the clear plastic for the square tubes that @Mr. Numismatist mentioned above. Coins seem to get stuck in the clear tubes and the square tubes stack much nicer.

Histman, alurid and Mr. Numismatist like this.
  6. physics-fan3.14

Do you ever find premium coins in rolls? I got this from Apmex... you think they just scoop and go, or do you think they look for premium dates?

7. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I have found several quarters in MS-65 and a few in 66. Never a 67. It was about the same with dimes. To be honest, it was rare to find anything worth the cost of grading.
    I could be wrong but I don't think APMEX would take the time to look for high grade coins. Pretty sure they look for premium dates.

8. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

I like the plastic coin tubes for storage,

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

If it’s an original paper roll, I’d leave it as is. If it’s not then you can crack and reroll yourself. Use paper or a tube.

10. physics-fan3.14

If it was an original roll, I probably wouldn't crack it. But this is just an Apmex branded roll.

11. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

yes, I have many bank rolled cents 1967-68 69 and 1980 that I leave as is but wonder what treasure might be in them.

12. physics-fan3.14

Well, I had to crack it. Pretty good variety of dates. Nothing rare or high grade, but I didn't expect there to be. 1715362322565809670376747549367.jpg

13. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

Did you check for Reverse B coins of Philadelphia 1956-1964?

14. physics-fan3.14

Yup. Nothing.

gronnh20 likes this.
  15. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Some dealers have rolls that come in, they sell for plenty higher than face, You will likely make your money back, but to think they haven't been scoured is the last thought I would have.

Draft saved Draft deleted