Here's what I got for two gold coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Hiddendragon, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I was planning a visit to my LCS and I decided to sell two gold coins: a French 20 francs and Swiss 20 francs. I like them but they are easy to replace and have gone up in value a lot since I bought them and so I wanted to take some profit. So I sold the two gold coins, and I pulled out the following coins over the 3+ hours I spent at the shop. It's going to take me a while to go through them and I'll likely share better pictures of some highlights. But bottom line, we made an even trade, the two gold for all this. Gold is special but you can't beat all these coins. Lots of silver here and some interesting stuff. One wildcard is there is a bag of 129 old Chinese coins. I can tell a lot aren't in great condition but I also felt it was possible that some were older than the typical cash coins that you find. I'm curious to see what I find in there.
    PXL_20240426_200350785.jpg PXL_20240426_200402523.jpg PXL_20240426_200407009.jpg PXL_20240426_200411408.jpg PXL_20240426_200414781.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Looks like a lot of fun to be had with that lot of coins.

Mr. Flute and Hiddendragon like this.
  4. jfreakofkorn

jfreakofkorn Well-Known Member

oh goodie

cant wait to see the end results of the what was found in the pile

Hiddendragon likes this.
  5. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

Good deal, I was thinking of trading some gold for silver, but I can't find anything I want to part with.

Hiddendragon likes this.
  6. Hiddendragon

The only gold I have is basically bullion. They're real coins but you can buy them at around spot anytime you want. I made $120 on each coin so I was happy. Next time gold drops I'll probably buy them again.

Mr. Flute and longarm like this.
  7. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Fabulous! Great trade & that should keep you (& therefore us, viewing the results) busy for awhile! :singing:;)

Hope the bag of "Old Chinese" isn't "New Chinese made to look Old Chinese". :p:joyful::joyful::joyful:

Hiddendragon likes this.
  8. Cherd

Cherd Junior Member Supporter

I go through cycles where I feel the need to consolidate my collections when they sprawl out of hand. Looks like we are polar opposites in that regard! :hilarious:

9. Hiddendragon

I'll actually end up selling most of these but I know what you mean. I occasionally purge but I really enjoy looking through a lot of coins.

rte, The Eidolon, Cherd and 1 other person like this.
  10. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

This amount of fun is certainly worth the common gold coins. Nice!

PlanoSteve and Hiddendragon like this.
  11. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

You know, some of us cannot relate to your comment, because we have never sold or gotten rid of any coins. :eek::D Hence, we refer to our collections/accumulations in terms of tonnage! :joyful::joyful::joyful::rolleyes:

12. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Looks like you made a lot more work for yourself :D

Hiddendragon likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted