Kingdom of Nepal-coins of all nations-Franklin Mint

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by ddk2881, Mar 2, 2019.

1. ddk2881

ddk2881 Active Member

Going through this set I bought looking up dates on numista to see if I have any rare dates on these cards. I see these going on eBay for a little over 5$ question is does no-one collect Nepal coins because it contains a 1986 10 paisa with only 10,000 minted that year and a1986 25 paisa with only 54,000. Also wondering if the off center strike on the 5 paisa should bring any premium. Thanks for any input. IMG_20190302_145231.jpg IMG_20190302_145205.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

10,000 is a large number if only a few hundred people collect them.

Most people need just one, an inexpensive coin for a "one from every country" collection.

ddk2881 likes this.
  4. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

Nobody collects them.

I like Nepalese cu/ ni.

ddk2881 likes this.
  5. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

Hello sir. I collect Nepalese coins too!
    1.jpg 2.jpg

Chris B and chrisild like this.
  6. Siberian Man

I have rather big collection of their coins.
    3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

chrisild likes this.
  7. Siberian Man

8. Siberian Man

9. Siberian Man

10. Siberian Man

11. Siberian Man

And the last one.
    23.jpg 24.jpg

12. ddk2881

ddk2881 Active Member

@Siberian Man being that you are a collector do you believe this off center strike adds any monetary false. Also as far as the 1986 10 only having 10,000 minted are they becoming rare in this condition. I have no experience with aluminum coins do they age well or are they damaged and oxidized quickly.also would it be best to remove these coins from card and sell individually. Thank you for any input. IMG_20190303_073946.jpg IMG_20190303_074025.jpg IMG_20190303_074124.jpg IMG_20190303_074159.jpg

Siberian Man likes this.
  13. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

Siberian Man;

Wow, that's a lot of Nepal.

I don't have many of the older ones and rarely see them.

Siberian Man likes this.
  14. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

I have no special knowledge here but usually low mintages in moderns indicate they were made for a specific numismatic purpose and attrition will be low. I doubt they made 10,000 of these sets and the question of what happened to the balance arises.

15. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

I like the big hand and the little feet, @Siberian Man :) Any idea of the significance?

Edit - Did a little "research", and it seems these symbols represent Buddha. I suppose they would not be on today's (religion neutral republic) coins but they look neat ...

Christian

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  16. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Do you know where your coins were Minted? This may help define why these coins were made. and for what purpose. And maybe there relative low mintage.

17. ddk2881

ddk2881 Active Member

I don't know numista does not say. But I've noticed going through these world coins slot of countries do not mint or have coins minted every year like in the US. But I got them on card from a Franklin mint set coins of all nations I purchased. The 5 paisia had a mintage of 2,937,000 which compared to other years isn't all that low. Just didn't know how common off center strike were and if it added any value.

alurid likes this.
  18. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Off Center strikes are considered common and rarely add any value.

19. ddk2881

ddk2881 Active Member

Kind of what I figured but was not sure if it mattered being in a set. Thank you

20. Siberian Man

Hello sir. My guess: You have genuine coin.
    Best regards.

Eugene.

21. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted